So, the forecast is being a spooktacular buzzkill on Halloween calling for showers. Lame! I know we need the rain, I do. But I also know that my kiddos will be tremendously disappointed if they don’t get to go door to door. In honor of this totally uncool forecast, I’ve scared up some tips for those who still want to brave the weather and some events for those who don’t. The bottom line: get prepared for the weather TODAY!
Use a couple golf umbrellas instead of the regular kind. These are much larger!
Just like these people did while camping, consider putting a waterproof wall at your front porch. This will keep the rain out of your house and give those trick or treaters a little relief from the wind and rain.
Try to waterproof your costumes. Clear ponchos are the best for this. You will still see your kiddos costumes, but they will be kept dry. For the most part. You can typically find these at the Dollar Store, Target, Walmart, CVS, etc. Make sure you pick up a few extra, you may want to double up in some cases because they are very thin, or you make want to drape them over a stroller.
Consider driving your kids door to door, just make sure you have the proper wet weather accessory for your stroller. I would head to the baby store or Target or wherever today, before the crazy rush.
While you’re at the baby store, check out their umbrella accessories. One that clips to the stroller handle is a great idea. Or you can look at these pictures and rig something you already have to do the same things they are doing above.
Indoor Happenings on Halloween
If trick or treating in the rain is not your thing, but you still want to get into the spirit, check out these fun things happening tomorrow.
- Halloween at the El Dorado Hills Library: 10-5pm Any kids that show up in their costumes will get a free book.
- Halloween Trick or Treat at BusyKidz in Folsom: From 10-3pm come in your costume for free trick or treating. If you stay and play, regular admission fees apply.
- Folsom Library 10:30-11:30am: Halloween Costume Parade, Halloween stories and songs, and treats.
- Trick or Treat in EDH Town Center: 3-6pm Trick or Treating and costume contest.
Trick or Treat at the local malls:
- Trick or Treat at Folsom Outlets: 4-8pm, the first 100 kids at the Info Center will receive a free goodie bag.
- Trick or Treat at Westfield Galleria in Roseville: 5-7pm All stores displaying the Trick or Treat Ghost decal will be handing out treats to kids in costume while supplies last.
- Trick or Treat at Sunrise Mall: Spooky Photos from 4-8pm, Trick or Treat from 5-7 for children 12 and under without masks or excessive facial make-up. Kids can pick up their FREE trick or treat bag at customer service while supplies last. Face painting in the MarketPlace from 5-7.