Between school schedules, activities, work schedules, social engagements, and even the dog’s grooming schedule my head has been left spinning. We’ve had a few different types of ways to keep things organized but they didn’t seem to really help. For example, our Family Calendar that had everyone’s info each month was so cluttered that the hubby said he needed a compass to navigate it. Ugh… This year, right when I got my daughter’s school schedule I took the time to sit down and enter it all into Cozi right away. It only took a few minutes and I’m set for the year.
I’ve been using Cozi Calendar app and It’s been a real life saver. It’s a free app that allows you and your significant there to see what’s going on in your worlds in real time. You can set reminders to be emailed to either of you. It is also color coordinated by person (or dog).
Some cool features I really like:
- I can add a grandparent or a babysitter to certain appointments to keep them in the loop.
- I can manage the calendar from my computer or phone.
- I can print a weekly or monthly calendar and put it on the fridge for all to see.
- You can add an appointment and mark it as “part of a schedule”. Like for school or a sports team, allowing you to see all the appointments in a list. Then you can edit those appointments right from that list instead of going through the year and changing them.
- I like that it emails me at the beginning of each week with that week’s schedule.
- I really like that everyone is door coded, it makes it easy to see who needs to be where at a glance.
- Here are some other cool features that I don;t use on the daily: you can keep your grocery list, to do list, plan meals for the week, send messages to yourself or the family, maintain a journal that you can turn into a monthly newsletter or have them appear directly on Facebook.
There is a paid option, but I’ve been using the free one for over a year and haven’t felt the need to upgrade. When you upgrade, you don’t see anymore ads. They don’t really bother me. If you upgrade you can add your contacts and they;ll track birthdays for you. The only reason I would upgrade is so that when I add something last minute, the other adult would be notified of a last minute appointment. To get around that ,I add him to the alarm so that he gets a reminder about it on his phone.
Anyone that knows me, knows I love me some paper. Notebooks and paper calendars are my fave. I guess I’m a bit old school that way. Well, I still use those things, but now I can tell people whether or not I can be somewhere right when they ask! That has been pretty nice! No more waffling!
Do yourself and your family a favor and download the Cozi app! It’ll change your life!!
Do you use a different family calendar app? Do you love it? Let me know what it is??
PS – this is NOT a sponsored post.